Other Cities Tenancy Criteria
1. Positive government issued picture I.D. is required.
2. You will be asked to provide your full SSN in order for us to pull your credit report. If you do not have a SSN, you may provide an alternate form of ID, such as, an ITIN, work/student Visa, Passport, etc. If you need assistance filling out the application without a SSN, please contact your agent or LPS, Inc. for further instructions.
3. Application must be completely filled out and signed by all parties.
4. All applicants must qualify as leaseholders. Some exceptions may be made for select properties or for adult dependents.
5.If you or your group are denied, a 30-day waiting period will be required for all applicants wishing to reapply after there have been significant changes to the application(s) or household. Proof of the changed circumstances will be required.
1. Twelve months of verifiable residence history from a third party landlord required. Rental reference must be from within the past two years to be considered recent.
2. With Good Credit, rental history demonstrating residency, but not by a third party or not for sufficient term, will require an additional Security Deposit equal to half months rent, or a co-signer.
3. Home ownership will be verified through the tax assessor’s office or credit report.
4. Three or more late payments or NSF checks for rent or mortgage within a twelve month period will result in a denial.
5. One or Two late payments or NSF checks for rent or mortgage within a Twelve month period will require payment of an additional Security Deposit equal to one months rent.
6. Any unlawful detainer action or eviction within the past three years results in denial, unless perfect credit and current good rental references can be obtained, in which case one month’s additional Security Deposit will be required.
7. Any unlawful detainer action or eviction that is between 3-7 years old may be considered after the balance has been paid in full and will require one month’s additional security deposit.
8. Rental history showing between $250.00 and $750.00 in damage will require an additional Security deposit equal to one month’s rent, if the amount has been paid in full.
9. Rental history with complaints (disturbance or other) will be denied if the previous manager would not re-rent or if there are more than three complaints.
10. First time renters, with no established credit, will require additional Security Deposit equal to one month’s rent or a co-signer.
11. First time renters, with established credit, will require additional Security Deposit equal to one half month’s rent or a co-signer.
12. Any outstanding balance owed for any utility or housing related expense over $100 will lead to an automatic denial. Utility collections that have been paid will require a one half month added security deposit.
1. Monthly household income must be equal to or greater than three times the monthly rent and estimated utilities. In most cases Roommates are qualified together. However, we will only allow the combining of the top two (2) separate incomes to qualify for the income requirement.
2. Monthly household income of two and one half times the rent and estimated utilities or better, but less than three times the monthly rent and estimated utilities, can be approved with prepayment of Last Month’s Rent or co-signer.
3. Monthly household income of less than two and one half times rent and estimated utilities cannot be approved.
4. If total monthly debt, including rent and estimated utility costs for the property applied for, exceed 66% of income, the application cannot be approved.
5. A current paycheck stub, showing a minimum of the last 90 days, will be required. Alternatively a signed letter of employment may be acceptable for new employment.
6. Some form of verifiable income will be required for unemployed applicants. If unemployment benefits will not cover the full lease term, prepayment of Last Month’s Rent will be required.
7. Self-employed applicants will require proof of income by two years of personal tax returns and 90 days of bank statements.
8. Commission and tip income will be considered at 75% of the prior two years reported income, provided employment with the same employer and supported by pay stubs or two years of personal tax returns.
9. Select properties will accept household income that equals 2.5 times the amount of monthly rent and estimated utilities.
10. For tenants without any discrepancies elsewhere in the report: Proof of 3 most recent bank statements showing a minimum of 3x yearly rent in liquid savings will satisfy income requirements. Move in funds will be First, Last and 2x deposit.
1 . Verifiable employment is required.
2. Prepayment of Last Month’s Rent will be required when employment does not meet the stated criteria.
3. Self-employed individuals must be verified through two years of personal tax returns and 90 days of bank statements.
4. Prepayment of last month’s rent is needed for temporary or seasonal employees.
5. Military income may require an allotment.
6. Must have been previously employed in the same industry for at least the past 6 months at current or previous employment, if not prepayment of Last Month’s Rent or a co-signer will be required.
1. Good Credit required.
2. Outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report which total more than $250.00 but less than $1,000.00 will require an added Security Deposit equal to one half month’s rent.
3. Outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report totaling more than $1,000.00 but less than $2500.00 will require added Security Deposit equal to one month’s rent.
4. Outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report totaling more than $2,500.00 will result in denial, unless the poor accounts are more than three years old and positive credit has been established since then. In this case, an additional Security Deposit equal to one month’s rent will be required.
5. Excessive unpaid collections (6 or more) will result in denial.
6. After a discharged bankruptcy, applicant must show at least six months of positive established credit. Any negative credit after a discharged bankruptcy will result in denial. Rental history will be considered for established credit. Added Security Deposit equal to one month’s rent will be required.
7. After a discharged bankruptcy, an applicant showing at least three years of perfect established credit may be approved without additional security. Rental history will be considered for established credit.
8. Applicants with less than 6 months worth of established Good Credit will require an additional security deposit equal to a half months rent.
History of criminal behavior that may negatively affect tenancy – drugs, sex offense, theft, robbery, assault, active warrants, etc… Determinations as to criminal screening will be made on a case by case basis, after analysis, and will be based on several factors and information. There will be no automatic denials on arrest or criminal convictions. Certain criminal records which have taken place within the last seven years are a consideration for denial.
Deniable charges include but are not limited to:
1. Murder (1st and 2nd degree) ,Kidnapping (All counts) , Manslaughter (1st degree), Theft (1st & 2nd degree), Assault 1st, 2nd & 3rd degree), Burglary (1st, 2nd degree & vehicle prowling 1st degree), Robbery (1st & 2nd degree) , Malicious Mischief (1st degree) , Rape (All counts), Arson (1st, 2nd degree & Reckless Burning 1st degree), Child molestation (All counts), Delivery or Sale (All counts), Rape of a child (All counts) , Possession with intent to Deliver (All counts), and multiple misdemeanor and/or felony offenses could also be under consideration.
2. Reasonable likelihood that a past history of abuse of alcohol interfering with the health, safety or right of peaceful enjoyment by other members of the community.
3. Reasonable likelihood that a past history of use of illegal drugs (or unauthorized use of legal drugs) interfering with the health, safety or right of peaceful enjoyment by other members of the community.
4. History of criminal activity on the part of any proposed occupant could negatively impact your application.
5. Status as a registered sex offender.
6. Any criminal history of a violent or physical nature that may interfere with the peace, enjoyment and well being of the property or community will be denied.
7. Reasonable likelihood that a past history of applicant or those acting under his or her control will interfere with the health, safety or right of peaceful enjoyment by other members of the community.
8. Reasonable likelihood that a past history of applicant or those acting under his or her control will cause damage or destruction to the dwelling unit or surrounding property.
9. Reasonable likelihood based on income and credit that the applicant will not be able to timely satisfy the financial obligations of tenancy.
10. Reasonable likelihood based on rental and personal history that the applicant may cause damage to the property, or become a nuisance to neighbors or the community.
1. Co-signers must be In State, have Good Credit and must earn five times the monthly rent.
2. In the event that a co-signer is required, there will be a $100.00 administrative fee required.
1. Any collection or judgment filed by a property management company or landlord within the last three years for over $250.00 will result in denial. If longer than three years and paid, will require prepayment of Last Month’s Rent.
2. Rental history reflecting more than $750.00 damage will result in denial.
3. Any current 14-day notice or unlawful detainer action or eviction will result in denial.
4. Any unpaid utility or housing related expense over $100 will result in denial.
5. Three or more late payments or NSF checks for rent or mortgage within a 12 month period will result in denial.
6. If unemployed and unable to verify sufficient income to pay rent and estimated utilities, applicant will be denied.
7. If monthly debt to income, including rent and estimated utility costs for the property applied for, exceed 66% of income, applicant will be denied.
8. False information or a gross distortion of the truth will result in denial.
9. Any applicant with a bankruptcy not showing as discharged is denied until shown otherwise.
10. An employment reference, in which the employer indicates that the employment will end and/or the income level will drop below 2.5 times the rent, will result in denial.
11. Any undisclosed previous rental address will result in denial.
12. An incomplete application will result in denial.
13. Lack of response from the applicant for additional information after the 2nd business day will result in denial.
14. Any instance of unauthorized persons or pets in a unit rented by the applicant will result in denial.
15. Renters who have had bed bugs or any other pest infestations within the past 2 years will be automatically denied.
Each area of the applicant report (Credit, Criminal, Eviction, Rental History and Employment) will be reviewed for adverse information. If THREE or more areas are found to have Adverse items in a report, applicant can be denied. Lack of established credit may be considered as part of the summary review.
Good Credit means that all accounts are in good standing and paid as agreed and that total monthly debt to income, including rent and estimated utilities, does not exceed 66%.
Due to the housing bust of 2009/2010 an exception may be considered in the case of a home foreclosure or a short sale with documents showing that the property has been sold/short sale and Applicant has been released by the bank/mortgage co. If applicant has a Short Sale/Foreclosure and can show the release, and has perfect credit (other than mortgage payments) and can show at least 2yrs established good rental history, then applicant will be approved. If applicant has the above without at least 2yrs rental history, approval will require added security or co-signer.
For screening purposes only, the following will be the estimated utility expenses used for purposes of income qualification. Actual utility charges may be more or less and these estimates are not meant to represent actual charges for a particular property.
- Single Family Homes – $75 per bedroom plus $35 per occupant (ie 3br home with 5 occupants =$400)
- Apartments/Condos – $50 per bedroom plus $25 per occupant (ie 2br apt with 4 occupants = $200)
RESIDENT AMENITIES PACKAGE
In addition to the rent due per month, a resident amenity fee of $15 per month will be charged and must be included with the monthly rent payment. To view our resident amenities, please refer to our website: www.brinkpm.com/resident-amenities
CITY OF AUBURN INFORMATION WEBSITE
CITY OF BURIEN INFORMATION WEBSITE
CITY OF TACOMA RENTAL HOUSING CODE