Application Process and Tenancy Criteria
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Tenant in one of our managed properties. Please review the following information to help you understand our Application Process and Tenancy Criteria.
The City of Seattle Tenancy Criteria Other Cities Tenancy Criteria
- Our Leasing Agents show properties, by appointment, 7 days a week between the hours of 9am and 5pm.
- Our application form is available online. We do not accept portable screening reports.
- In addition to your application we will need to receive proof of ID in the form of a government issued picture ID and proof of income, which is typically current paystubs showing a minimum of the last 30 days income, Section 8 or other housing vouchers.
- Applications are processed in the order received. An application is considered received when all parties in the Tenancy have:
We use a 3rd party vendor to complete our screening reports and make recommendations on all applications.
When the screening report is completed, if your application can only be approved with conditions, these conditions must be met within 24 hours in order to maintain first position for the property. After the specified time we will start processing other applications. Thereafter, once you meet the conditions, your application will join processing behind any application currently being processed.
If your application is approved, one of our property managers will contact you in order to confirm your desired move in date and discuss lease terms. The property manager will then prepare a lease agreement or a holding fee agreement for you to review and sign. If we do not hear back from you within 24 hours, then we will have to start processing other applications. Thereafter, once we do hear back from, your application will join processing behind any application currently being processed.
The lease agreement or holding fee agreement must be signed and returned, together with payment of an amount equal to one month’s rent or holding fee, within 24 hours in order to retain first position for the property. If the agreement and deposit are not returned within the specified time, then we will continue to process other applications on the property. Thereafter, once you return the agreement and first month’s rent or holding fee, your lease will be accepted subject to any application currently being processed.
All move in funds (rent, deposits and/or fees) must be paid by money order or cashier’s check. Cash and Personal checks will not be accepted under any conditions. Personal checks will be accepted starting with the second rental payment.
All rental payments are due on or before the first business day of each month and are late if not received by the 3rd day of each month. This means they must be received by the due date. As BRINK’s late fee is ten percent (10%) per month, it is important that your payment is received by the close of business on the due date. There are no exceptions to this policy.
BRINK requires all residents to hold adequate Liability to Landlord Insurance ($100,000 minimum). In order to protect their personal belongings, BRINK encourages all tenants to carry Personal Property & Liability Insurance (renter's insurance) as well.
Possession and move in inspection appointments are scheduled during normal business hours at our Bellevue office (Inspection must be completed Monday -Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm). Should you require an appointment outside of the available times, or at the property, there will be an additional charge of $50 per hour, with a two hour minimum. This charge must be paid in advance with other move in funds. Please make advanced arrangement with your Property Manager.
- Toured the Property
- Fully completed, signed and paid for the Application.
- Provided/Uploaded acceptable Proof of Income.
- Provided/Uploaded acceptable Proof of ID.
- Provided/Uploaded acceptable documentation for any other circumstance that will need to be verified (criminal, short sale, discharged bankruptcy etc)
- Where Pets are accepted we require a recent photograph of the pet and a description including breed, age, weight, sex, neutered status, and details on formal training. If approved there may also be an additional application/processing fee of $50 payable to Brink prior to move in. Additional Pet Security Deposits, Pet Rent, and/or Administration Fees may also apply and will be included in your rental/lease agreement.
In addition to the rent due per month, a resident amenity fee of $15 per month will be charged and must be included with the monthly rent payment. To view our resident amenities, please refer to our website: www.brinkpm.com/resident-amenities-package
The screening process will NOT be complete until ALL applicants have supplied their information and “signatures”.
THE PROCESSING FEE OF $48 PER PERSON IS NON-REFUNDABLE ONCE YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK HAS BEEN ORDERED.
**UPON COMPLETION OF YOUR RENTAL APPLICATION, YOU MAY SEE A “PENDING CHARGE” OR “HOLD” ON YOUR BANK ACCOUNT FOR THE APPLICATION FEE AMOUNT. THIS CHARGE WILL ONLY GO THROUGH ONCE YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK IS ORDERED. IF THE PROPERTY IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, OR IF WE ARE UNABLE TO ORDER YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK FOR ANY OTHER REASON, THE PENDING CHARGE/HOLD WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE REMOVED FROM YOUR BANK STATEMENT WITHIN APPROXIMATELY ONE WEEK OR LESS!**
Please select from the following links to view our Tenancy Criteria.
Properties in the City of Seattle Tenancy Criteria
Or Go Directly to City of Seattle Application
All Other Cities Tenancy Criteria
Or Go Directly to All Other Cities Application